Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

I am now back on US soil and hope that you have all had a wonderful holiday season. If nothing else, I hope it was a welcome break from 'routine', both industrious and nutritious! There is nothing more refreshing than being removed from the well-trodden daily pathways of our lives, and sometimes it takes global festivities to persuade us off those favored tracks!

If nothing else, today is a day which should fill us with hope and new beginnings where needed....and as my revered Chinese doctor said to me last night 'If at first you make a mess of your New Years resolutions, there's a chance to start again at Chinese New Year, February 14th'! I rather believe that all resolutions benefit by continuous affirmation of their importance and presence, so I offer Chinese New Year as a more formal method of achieving this!

Whether your resolutions are nutrition-based or otherwise, I thoroughly recommend you restrict yourself to objectives you feel are WELL within your grasp. There is no written rule that you can't expand your goals if you achieve them before the year is out ... rather like taking a smaller portion of food the first time round, knowing you can have a second helping if you so desire!

Enjoy this new beginning ... I am going to post some exciting new recipes and invigoratingly healthy tips in the coming few weeks ... just as soon as our bodies have had time to digest December's indulgences!

2010 is going to be a good year. I'm sure of it. Be good to yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment